Monday, June 9, 2008

Gasoline Prices are Out of Control!!

Gasoline you have to have it but at what cost?
At present too dam much!

I had to fill up today and it hit me last year some time I was on a web site that told the cheapest place to buy gas and where. Luckily I found it in my favorites and boy did that come in handy.

The little place across from where I live wanted $3.95 a gallon and I checked the site for a cheaper price and there it was $3.79 and it was just 2.5 miles down the road from where I live. I didn't need but like 8 gallons which cost me 32.02 @ $3.79 a gallon verses the $3.95 it would have cost had I not looked up the price of gasoline. Hey, I figured I better get it while the getting was good. So I saved $1.34 and I know that doesn't sound like a lot but every little bit of saving is money in my pocket.

So if you want to find the cheapest place to get gas, go Google a site in your area. For me I used this one. http://www.gasbuddy.com/

Ways to help you save money on gas while driving your car:

  • Check your tire pressure.
  • Lighten the load in your trunk.
  • Check all the filters in your car.
  • Make sure you get regular tune ups.
  • Avoid fast acceleration and hard breaking...strive for consistency in your driving.
  • Minimizing "idling" your car - as this can burn up gas for no reason at all
  • Plan your trips to the market, the bank and so on so your not running all over the place.
  • Shop online you can get almost anything you need online these days.
And if you take my advice about shopping online check out my other post about using Big Crumbs. Let's save some money.

Just trying to find ways to help you prosper not matter what it is!

***UPDATE***
Gasonline regular now down to $2.59 ...about dang time this went down and it needs to go a whole lot lower.

***UPDATE*** 12/26/2008
Finally down to a price I can almost live with again $1.39 omg what a relief!!!

1 comment:

Simple Spirit said...

I'm telling you.. gas prices will equal the minimum wage soon if this doesn't stop. The info on my blog can help ease the financial stress...check it out.